Array command V13

I'm not getting how the array dialog works in V13. When I pick an object and want to make (1) copy of it in the 90 degrees clockwise direction (polar array) it keeps putting the copy 270 degrees away instead of 90. When I enter 90 in the selection box it keeps changing it to 270. What am I missing here? Do I need to go into the general settings and tweak something? 

Comments

• Angular units are by default set to Counter-Clockwise, thus you can enter -90 deg.

Or change Settings / Angular Units to Clockwise.

• My units are set to clockwise angles with origin at 0 (north).  The array dialog box won't let type in negative numbers. The old array command allowed it though.
  • Robt has found the right variable: ANGDIR. But the behavior of the dialog driven ARRAY command is bizarre if ANGDIR = ON. If you use that setting you should the old -ARRAY command instead.
    BTW: If I look carefully I can see that the triangle representing the original is slightly darker than the others. The difference could be more obvious...
  • Curious. v13.2.5 32bit allows negative angle values.

v13.2.7 64bit does not.

I can also confirm some quirkiness with the array command when Angular Units set to Clockwise.

The only way you can keep "90 deg" entry from changing to "270 deg" is to manually "Pick Angle Between Items", then it will "remember" the 90 deg entry.

Suggest submit bug report?

• Let me clarify that - the angle to fill option let's you input negative numbers, but still when I try to plug in -90 deg. it's reverts to -270 deg. Yes I can set angledir to off but that throws me off in other areas. I guess right now the old array will have to do. Should I file a support request?
  • "Should I file a support request?"

I would, in lieu of the command behaving differntly than in previous releases.

This discussion has been closed.