Problem installing version 13 in arch linux

[code](bricscad:32759): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_window_present_with_time: assertion `GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

[/code]

and i get a window that say its not posible to load the license manager
help please!
regards

Comments

• Hi,
    I want to report, that I am having this same problem. I am using Archlinux 64bit and gnome-shell.
  • So, I have a solution (or something like that).

I was having the same problem as you, so I tried to install a previous version (V12). With this version I was able to license the product. then I uninstalled it and installed the version 13. This time everything worked fine.
    It seems that the problem is only with the license manager, so by registering with another version everything works fine.
  • This smells like a user interface timing problem.  I would guess that the license manager tries to display a dialog before the user interface has been initialized.  These kind of problems are hard to fix, especially getting it right across distributions can be challenging.  Mind that we do not officially support Arch Linux.

@Cristobal: Good thinking, a V13 license can indeed be installed by the V12 license manager.

However, V12 and V13 can co-exist next to each other, so there is no need to uninstall V12 before installing V13.  The package name (bricscadv12, bricscadv13) includes the major version number, specifically for that reason.

@Damian: Can you please try the workaround that worked for Cristobal?

• I have also created a PKGBUILD file, so that other people using Archlinux can take advantage of the archlinux package manager (pacman). It is based on the 64bit deb-version (for ubuntu) and I works good for me. I am no expert in package-managing, so if someone sees a problem (especially with the dependencies) please feel free to tell me.
    Here it is:

[code]
    pkgname=bricscad
    pkgver=13.2.11
    pkgrel=1
    pkgdesc="BricsCAD is the powerful CAD software platform unifying the familiar feature set of native dwg with advanced 2D tools and intelligent 3D direct modeling on Windows and Linux, and this at a compelling price. "
    url="http://www.bricsys.org"
    depends=('lib32-gtk-engine-murrine' 'deb2targz' 'lib32-libcanberra' 'lib32-gnome-keyring')
    arch=('x86_64')
    provides=('bricscad')
    license=('BricSys')

_file='BricsCAD-V'${pkgver}'-'${pkgrel}'-en_US-amd64'
    source=(${_file}.deb)
    md5sums=('773ab14294728a236f0a161a33aadf1a')

package() {

deb2targz ${_file}.deb
        cd ${srcdir}
        tar zxvf ${_file}.tar.gz

cp -R opt ${pkgdir}
        cp -R usr ${pkgdir}

ln -s /usr/lib32/libgnutls.so.28 ${pkgdir}/opt/bricsys/bricscad/v13/libgnutls.so.26

}

[/code]
This discussion has been closed.