Differences in MTEXT formatting!

I'm noticing drastic differences in MTEXT formatting between AutoCad and BricsCad.  A client gave us some notes to edit that were formated in AutoCad.  They had multiple tab stops.  Everything looks good in AutoCad, but in BricsCad the tabbed text is all over, and doesn't line up.  If edited in BricsCad so the text aligns properly, it is all messed up in AutoCad.  Why?  I haven't found a solution, yet.  Any ideas out there?

Comments

• I certainly get files with text/mtext which must have originally looked different.

I change the font, size or aspect to look ok because it's not a a big enough issue in my work to pursue it.

Don't know what happens if someone looks at the files in Acad later, I use ISOCP2 (and width=1) almost exclusively so I'm fairly sure that will read ok at least.

•  I have noticed this issue too, at my previously employer's office, this was the main reason that they didn't make the switch from AutoCAD - sending the drawings to the client in .dwg format would lead to improper text formatting and positioning when they opened the drawings in AutoCAD...  The only solution that I had (and it was ugly) was to explode the mtext entities down to standard text entities...
This discussion has been closed.