Trimming Blocks

Hi all. I'm quite the newcomer to BricsCAD and CAD in general. I am just trying a simple drawing at first that involves placing some foam tiles on a surface. I've created a separate block that represents the foam tiles and have been adding them on. Everything is all great but when I get to the edges I'm unsure of how I would "trim" the tiles to edge. The documentation doesn't says that trimming can only by done to certain types of shapes so what would one typically do in this situation? I want the tile to show up in the block reference count despite it being chopped off. I thought of using wipeout but that doesn't seem like the correct solution. What am I missing?

Comments

• Wipeout (making a polyline) would work, but would also hide objects that comprise the perimeter of the frame (assuming there is one). A workaround to this would be to cange Draworder of perimeter entities.
    You could just explode the perimeter tiles you want clipped, and trim with a polyline. Downside being your block count would be less than accurate.
  • Xclip should achieve what you want.
  • Good call John. I had forgotten that Xclip is not just for Xref.s!
  • Xclip worked like a charm. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.