pc hang problem

after formatting my pc, I installed intellicad v2.2.27. when I double-click a dwg file or double-click on the shortcut for the intellicad.exe, my pc hangs. I use win2k professional as the operating system. Even pressing cntrl+alt+del doesnot respond. Did anyone else ever have the same problem? Is there a solution for it?

Comments

• This one is completely new to me, sorry. You're sure it's 2.2.0027 and not 3.1.0005?I'd clean up files and registry and reinstallregards,sander

• On my pc it goes and went like this : If IntelliCad is not open, double clicking on a dwg-fle opens it with that file. But if IntelliCad is already open, then double clicking on a dwg-file causes an error. With version 2.2.27 this error was to hang the pc. With version 3.1.05 it just gives "An application error has occured and ..." without further harm (IntelliCad stays open with both dwg's open). The very simple work-around is of course to just open the second file with the "open" command.

• i know what it isThere are two problems, the doubleclick configuration as it installs: if you reassociate the intellicad program with the dwg filetype, it should work. there should be a keyHKCR/Icad.Drawing/shell/open/commandwith the full path of icad.exe in short notation (intell~1/icad.exe) and the option /ddeandHKCR/Icad.Drawing/shell/open/ddeexec" with value "[open(%1)]"and a second problem is the code , which should be able to handle deviations of the above settings. This is currently fixed in development coderegards, sander

• thank you for all for your great help. I discovered the problem- it is nothing to do with intellicad but the problem was directly in my pc that the ethernet card had a conflict with mainboard. I wonder why it only happened when I tried to run intellicad. Strange... Anyway my problem is over :)

This discussion has been closed.