(getfiled) Bricscad Lisp vs AutoLisp

I just take my first step converting an AutoLisp application I wrote some years ago to Bricscad (Linux) 13.2.13 revision 31313. The code:

(setq filename (getfiled "Select a file..." (strcat (getenv "frd") "/") "frd" 10))

returns in AutoLisp only the filename but in Bricscad it returns the full path. I have done a "workaround" but why did they not give the same result?

Comments

• The path should only get stripped if the file is found in the search path. Are you testing with a file in your search path?
  • Even more, if there is no other same-named file inside another folder of support pathes ...
    so only when it is the only* file with that name in all support pathes.

Maybe, that bit 2 (int 8) is overlooked by BricsCAD, I will check the implementation, and verify the behaviour.

Many greetings to all !
  • I just verified in AutoCAD :
    AutoCAD does strip the path, if selected file is not that as found by (finsfile) ...
    in other words, the same-named file can be located in anoter folder of support path - when internal (findfile) finds
    the file (by name) in *same* location as picked by user, then the path is stripped ...

Going to fix this in BricsCAD's getFileD() implementation.
  • Thanks to all for answering quickly!
  • Behaviour of (getfiled) has been fixed for the bit 3 (int 8) - it was simply ignored, now fully respected;
    One of next BricsCAD version (Windows / Linux) should contain the fix.

Many greetings to all !
This discussion has been closed.