Groups and Blocks

I have been evaluating Bricscad, but my trial has run out, so could somebody possibly clear up a couple of questions up for me?

If I create a group, can I copy it using the copy command and using the copy and paste command, and it still remains a group (albeit the copies being unnamed)?

If it doesn't work using copy and paste, how do you copy groups from one drawing to another and still keep the group?

Secondly, If I create a group and include that group in a block, when it is exploded does the group still remain a group or is it lost?

Would anybody be kind enough to try this for me and let know?

Many Thanks in advance,

David Waight

Comments

• If you create a group and use the copy command, BricsCAD creates a new anonymous group for the resulting objects.  The copyclip/pasteclip commands do not exhibit this behavior.

As for bundling groups inside blocks, it appears to discard the group information but I can somewhat see why.

As for transferring to another drawing, if you insert the drawing (explode toggle on) into another the groups come along (anonymous).  Strangely it seems to create exactly twice as many anonymous groups, with only one set working.

We produced a third party tool that can save/restore an objects groups (using the original names) no matter how the objects are separated, inserted, etc.
  • Terry,

Many Thanks for trying this out, it seems to work as I envisaged.

I will just need to remember to Copy instead of Ctrl C when working with groups.

I think your Toolpac will definitely be a worthwhile addition when I come to purchase V14.

Regards,

David Waight
This discussion has been closed.