V14 Standalone license

It is not clear to me how restrictive the new licensing system will be. Can I activate a single license on two computers, as long as they are not used concurrently? The release notes mention a "license file", is that something I can use to transfer a license perhaps?

Comments

• From the license agreement:

NO CONCURRENT USE

The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may not be shared or used concurrently on more than one computer. The foregoing sentence notwithstanding, the primary user of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may install, on behalf of the single entity, one (1) copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on either a single home computer or a single portable computer used by such primary user.

For the single license product there is a button in the Bricscad License Manager, accessible from the menubar, to deactivate the license on a specific computer.  That should allow moving the license if you replace a computer. 

•  Thanks for the reply. I was aware the license allows a second installation of Bricscad as long as there is no concurrent use. This has worked well for me until now, as I sometimes bring work home. I understand the new license activation scheme will add some hassle to this, but I'm still unsure to what degree. Will it be possible to deactivate the license on a remote computer? That would make a big difference as I can not always plan ahead where I'm going to work. 

Hopefully Bricsys or someone with an actual standalone license can clarify this. I'm reluctant to upgrade until I understand how this works. 

• I have an actual standalone license for V14, but I do not work remotely other than on my personal laptop.  If you have multiple computers at different sites I would think that a network license would make more sense for you, but this is a question that really needs to be answered by Bricsys staff.  There is a "contact us" link on the Licensing page of the main site.
  • ... I do not work remotely other than on my personal laptop...

So license "deactivation" of desktop license and subsequent license "activation" on laptop is required?   I, too am curious.    Per: http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2013/10/whats-new-in-bricscad-v14-for-programming-and-miscellany.html 

"The V14 version limits installations to two, but a license can be deactivated from one computer to use it on another."

• I have both my desktop and my laptop registered under the same license.  I think the deactivate/reactivate is only required if you replace a computer and need to move the license from the old computer to the new.
  •  If I understand you correctly, the standalone license can be activated on two separate computers. If that is possible I don't think I will have any problems, I only need Bricscad to work on a single home computer i addition to my work computer.
This discussion has been closed.