Sweep command - x solids V13

Wondering if someone can help me with the sweep command. I have a profile of an structural angle and I'm trying to sweep along a rectangular path (polyline) to create a frame but it has trouble going around the corners as it ends up not being symmetrical. I tried putting the tip of the bottom angle leg profile on both the corners and a midpoint of the rectangle but the result is the same. What am I missing here or is this the wrong command for doing such a thing?

Comments

• When I do something like this, I construct it pretty much as I would as if I was assembling it from metal stock. Extrude a piece for the long side and miter it. Then it's just a few mirrors and rotations to finish it off, with a push/pull to adjust the length of the short side. The most time-consuming element is probably getting the cross-section right before extruding. After that it's just zip-zap.
  • Thanks Richard. Yeah that's how I ended up doing it but figured with the platinum version "sweep" would simplify things or cut down the steps. Maybe they'll continue to add to the 3D toolset so working in 3D is not so cumbersome.
  •  hey let's look page working loft and Sweep...https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/17053
This discussion has been closed.