V14 Toolbar Background

I have just installed V14.

Although I can change the background colour for the command prompt area there doesn't seem to be a variable for the background to the toolbar area.

I know that this is picky but I do find the generally white interface very distracting.  Am I missing something?

Comments

• Same here. I submitted a SR about it, no reply yet but I'm sure there will be one.
  • I also put in an SR.  The reply I received was.  "We appreciate your input. We will continue to improve the user interface.  We think the new interface works great with a recent Windows version in the standard theme (no classic theme)."  Not exactly what I had hoped to hear for a request to have an option to keep the classic appearance.  I run classic theme in Windows 7 64 bit.  I find the generally white interface distracting, and it has hurt productivity in my office.

I can tell you that it is fairly simple to restore the colors to match V13.  I used AutoHotKey and AHK_Window_Info_v1.7.ahk to see what colors were used on the toolbars in V13 and in V14, then did a contents search for the file that had those hex sequences.  I'd rather not post the sequences to change and the file name without permission of our hosts here.

I hope that Bricsys will reconsider and give us the option to keep the classic appearance, or at least the classic colors.  If three of us have posted about it here there is a statistically significant group who prefers the classic appearance to the new.
  • Perhaps other programs only look ok in one setting of one windows version but with black as probably the most popular screen colour, white menus were not likely to be a popular choice for the rest of us.
  • Hi
    I just instaled V14 64bit. Everything is OK, but white backgroun of toolbars is horrible. Is there a way how to change it?
    Thanks
  • I had a reply to the SR - changing it is not possible and the suggestion (to revert to the previous behavior) will be taken into account in upcoming releases.
This discussion has been closed.