Positioning Toolbars

Hi everybody,

In the Windows version, we can put the toolbars where we want. We just have to drag and drop and It will be automatically vertically or horizontally.
Why don't can to do it in Linux version? 

Comments

• Hi,

Nobody can answer this question?

Thank you
  • I'm not using toolbars, so I'm not particularly keen to answer... but this seems to be a known limitation (probably due to the underlying toolkit), the help file clearly states:

"To dock a toolbar vertically in Linux, the Position property of the toolbar must be set to Left or Right."

So it seems there is no other way than to set this property manually in the customize dialog.
  •  Toolbars can be positioned through the customization menu.  There is an entry for each toolbar that determines whether it is visible or hidden, right, left, top, bottom, or floating.

What is a bigger problem with the toolbars is they disappear, if you try to fine tune the position.    I don't know if this exists with a 16:9 format screen, but on my 4:3 aspect monitor, it is.   Toolbars submarine under other bars, or they disappear off screen.    I have to go back into the customization menu and force them to the opposite side, to make them visible again.  VERY annoying.  I was going to buy the Linux program to replace the Windows program when XP support ended.  However, I don't think the Linux version is ready for prime time.
This discussion has been closed.