V14 insert blocks

Does this happen to anyone else - when I Insert a block, V14 often picks one other than the block I select.

On the second try it works correctly. Inserting using the command line offers to insert the same incorrect block.

Seems to make no difference if it's internal or external to the current file.

Comments

• How are you making the selection?  Most of my insertions are done by toolbar picks and lisp, which appears to work correctly.  I haven't seen this problem with selecting the insert pop-up box, but I don't use it often.
  • Generally by typing 'I' and picking from the popup, it has worked for me since popups were invented (yes I allowed for the age factor).

Any lisps involving inserts seem to work ok, just as 'manually' inserting from the command line does.

Can't say if inserting from Expblocks works consistently/properly, but did to on the odd try.

• I am having this issue right now, and it has been a problem ever since I got v14. It is intermittent  and only happens less than 10% of the time.  In my case, it happens when I am browsing to a new block that I want to insert.  The only existing block in the drawing is the arrow used for leaders. I browse to the block, and the name does show in the insert block dialog box.  Then I click insert.  But, BricsCAD inserts the arrow.  The block I browsed to is not in the list of blocks.  Normally after I do it a few times, eventually BricsCAD will finally grab the block I wanted.

Is there any known trigger for this, or method to avoid it?

-Joe
  • I also experience similar behavior, with the "archtick" symbol constantly being inserted, as opposed to the block selected.
  • I am sorry I thought this thread had become a dead issue.
    The behavior has gone away for me since using V15.
  • I've seen this occasionally, even on V15.

Typical scenario: In paper space, insert ANSI_B_Sheet_1.dwg as a drawing frame. On a subsequent tab, Insert | Insert Block | Browse, select ANSI_B_Sheet_2.dwg and then Open and OK. However, the existing Sheet_1 block is sometimes inserted instead of the selected Sheet_2, even though ANSI_B_Sheet_2 is displayed in the Name box.

But, if after browsing to and selecting the Sheet_2 block I *first* click into the Name drop-down box where ANSI_B_Sheet_2 is displayed and *then* click on OK, the correct block is always inserted.

It appears that the Click event handler for the OK button asks the Name box for its current contents and it sometimes gets back an answer that is the prior contents. Clicking in the Name box before clicking OK seems to make it "current." This is where "It's a Windows thing" might be the answer.

This seems to be more common when the Insertion Point, Scale, and Rotation "Specify On-screen" boxes are all not checked, as when dropping a drawing frame block in paper space. Clicking around in the Insert Block dialog or changing the contents of other elements might be enough to generate a refresh of the Name box.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!