Registry entry for License server, v14

Does anyone know where the registry entry is located for the License server location(I've found the path for v13 text.lic)?  I'm attempting a complete "push" via logon script to uninstall v13, install v14, import/set a custom Profile, and connect to our license server.  I've got the rest done, I just can't seem to find where to set the value for the license server in v14. 

Any help would be appreciated,

-Chris

Comments

• Hi,

Have a look at the 'BRXLICENSESERVER' property in http://www.bricsys.com/bricscad/help/en_US/V14/BricsCAD/index.html?page=source%2FSilent_Installation.htm

Alternatively you can create a .lic file and place it in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%/Bricsys on the target machines.

kind regards
    Pieter
  • brxlicenseserver will work great, thanks for the quick reply!
  • Any ideas why this code isn't setting the license server?

....(x86).msi" /qn BRXLICENSESERVER="[5053@]lcserver"

I've tried it with \\lcserver also

Am I wrong in assuming one of these parameters will point directly to our shared license server?  Your documentation mentions license FILES a lot, I don't have to reference a file if I manually connect to the Server after install.  It's simply add LCSERVER and leave port 5053 alone.

• msiexec /i "Bricscad-V14.1.07-1-en_US(x86).msi" /qn BRXLICENSESERVER="lcserver"

.. should place a file called BricsCAD.lic in your installation folder, containing the line
    HOST lcserver

If it doesn't, please file a support request with additional information, e.g. the installer log file (use parameter /l*v on msiexec)
  • Worked perfectly after removing the port.  Might be worth mentioning in the documentation.  Anywho we've saved me a lot of walking around.  ;)

Thanks Pieter!

-Chris

Documentation: (option) To create a license file in the  folder specified by BRXLICENSEDESTFILE, containing the server host specification:
    add BRXLICENSESERVER="[port@]host"

This discussion has been closed.