Communicator

Wondering if anybody is using the Communicator and how it works in terms of exporting a drawing containing solids to a Solidworks assembly or part, I am unable to try it as I am running a newer version of BricsCAD (V14.1.05) while the Communitcator is built for V14.1.01.  My goal at the end of the day is to export my model built in BricsCAD to another 3D package for animation, the target 3D package can read Solidworks files along with .DXF and a bunch of others however the DXF import does not work with surfaces or solids.

Are there plans to update the Communicator to work with the current version of BricsCAD?

Comments

• Presently, Communicator V14.1.01 will work with any V14.1.xx version of BricsCAD.
    If a restriction to version combination will be introduced in the future, it will be documented.
  • Scott,

I know this is a very late posting.  Just wanted to say that I am testing Communicator under V14.2.13, and it does not export in a Solidworks native format. (It will IMPORT certain Solidworks formats.)  Export is currently limited to ACIS, IGES, STEP, and CATIA, VDA, and 3D PDF.   

I just sent an ACIS model to a fabrication house that uses Solidworks.  They were able to import it without problems.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!