Mass properties inquiry in the Classic version?

Hi, all -- I am a former AutoCad user, and I'm evaluating BricsCad as an alternative. I don't need 3D capability, but I do want to be able to find the area, centroid, perimeter, etc. of a 2D region. So a question for y'all -- are the Region (region) and the Mass Properties (massprop) commands active in the Classic version? Many thanks! --DeeAnna

Comments

• Hi DeeAnna,

You can use a feature introduced with V14 called RunAsLevel to force BricsCAD to run in Classic mode, which will allow you to check this out for yourself. The following is copied from the release notes.

RunAsLevel: this new preference setting allows to run BricsCAD in a lower license level mode, e.g. a Platinum version can be run as a Pro or a Classic, a Pro can be run as a Classic. This facilitates evaluation of the features available for each license level. After changing the setting, the program will reflect the change after restarting. Range: 0 = Classic, 1 = Pro, 2 = Platinum (default).

To modify go to Settings|Settings on the pulldown, or type _SETTINGS in at the command prompt. from their do a search for RunAsLevel.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts
  • Wow! Hey, thank you for the tip -- I will definitely try it out. --DeeAnna
This discussion has been closed.