How to create group layer in different layout tab

I have try all method but still cant find the way..i want to create separate layer for separate layout tab..
eg: when i open piping ly tab, only piping layer is on.
its complicated if i want to plot the dwg. have to turn on off the layer that i want. please help

Comments

• Maybe I misunderstand, but you can VP Freeze all other layers so that only the piping layer is visible.
  •  Hi Lee:

Maybe layer states would work - turn off all the layers that you don't want on, save the state and when you switch tabs you could just re-initialize the layer state.  You could also code a lisp routine that captures the name of the current tab and sets the properties of the appropriate layers when you switch tabs.  I have previously found a lisp routine called GoTab.lsp (I can't find it now) which, using a dialog box lists all of the layout tabs in a current drawing and allows you to select one, click ok and the program switches to that tab.  It should be simple to modify this for your needs by way of a conditional statement which sets the layer properties for the selected tab.

This discussion has been closed.