Problem with "while" ?

Dear all

After an update from V 13.2.4 to V 14.1.13 some of my Lisp-routines ceased to work properly.

In one case a selection set is created and then each entity processed, it worked on 13.2.4, on 14.1.13 only the first entity is being processed, the remaining entities

are left as they are.

In another case block attributes are read out and written to a file. In 13.2.4 this happened in chronological manner i.e. first block in the drawing got the first line,

second block the second line and so on - all was well. In 14.1.13 it's still in chronological order but inversed, i.e. the last block gets the first line, the second-last block

the second line and so on, this makes handling the file awkward.

I suspect that this behavior is somehow related to the "while" function, has anybody made the same observations and what can be done to get the old behaviour back ?

Thanks in advance

Jörg

Comments

• I get that (in V14) with a lisp I use often which creates a piece text for each attribute, on a new line for each block, containing While.

It generally works 100%, but sometimes stalls after the first line. Then it will work every second time, stalling every other time - it's a run-once to write the full list type of routine.

Because it still does the job and not used frequently (if importantly) I hadn't bothered much about it.

I'm pretty sure the problem is not in the routine itself.

• Thank you John.
    I had a closer look for similarities between the programs that don't work properly anymore. I think I found something, but I will open a new thread for that.
    Re "while" - it can't be the cause, I use it all the time without problems.
This discussion has been closed.