Question about V14 licensing and use in more than one computer

Hi there,

I've to say I'm impressed with V14 beta, the new features listed in the release notes are impressive. I couldn't see, however, if I would be able to install in more than one computer for non-simultaneous use.

Typically, I have BricsCAD installed at my home and office desktops and my laptop. Obviously, when one is in use the others are not, as I'm the only user.

In V14 will I be able to do this? I understand and totally agree with the need to validate each install, to avoid unlicensed use, but some flexibility in use should be considered.. PDFStudio, for example, allow installation in two computers, to install in a third one you just unregister one of the two.

Another option would be an easy way to activate/deactivate an install, perhaps an option in the help menu. So if I'm working at the office and need to carry on at home, I'd just click on the deactivate option (while online, of course) in the office installation before leaving and activate it at home (again, while online). This would guarantee that only one installation is used at a time.

I'd also like to know what will happen if one of the computers fail. I had this happen once with PDFStudio and had to write then asking to remove that machine from their database, so I could register in another. although this worked, it took a couple of days during which I was limited to use it on one machine only.

I'd appreciate if BricSys could clarify how this will work.

Thank you,

Comments

This discussion has been closed.