State of raster engine in Bricscad Linux version

I want to discuss raster engine in Linux Bricscad here (with other users and developers). I'am using it heavily with quite large rasters (for example 20 rasters, 6250x5000px each) and my experience is generally bad. In model space, it somewhat works (slow, however, in comparison with Blender working with the same rasters, fox example). Paper space is virtually useless with such rasters due it slowiness when redrawing. This I reported as SR39043 last summer a it is still not fixed in V14, and, worse, when I tried to zoom out such a paperspace, Bricscad eated up all of system memory, stuck my computer for a long time and then crashed. This I didn't observed with V13. And sometimes I'am even unable to print my drawing with rasters at all due some bug causing corruption in printed (and displayed) raster. This reported as SR40479 and this is probably not fixed in V14 as well (here I cannot be completely sure, because this bug is unpredictable and hard to reproduce, but there isn't any note about it in release notes). Printing with rasters is also hellish slow. In fact, I hesitated a lot before I made decision to buy a upgrade to V14 without these two bugs fixed.

What are other users experiences with Linux Bricscad and rasters?

And could some developer here write something about current state and future of raster engine in Linux version of Bricscad?

Comments

•  yes, I have the same problem, big 2d image and pdf are very slow in bricscad v13, v14. hope the mutilthread function can solve this.
This discussion has been closed.