Horizontal adjusting of toleranz in dimensions

Hello,

is it possible to move/adjust the horizontal position of tolerances in dimentsions?

moving toleranes in bricscad

Thanks in advance - Peter

Comments

• Sorry, no idea, or is it not possible?
  • To my knowledge this is not possible. But choosing a different font may improve the situation.
  • Hello Roy,

thank you for response! I will try different fonts.

Best Regards - Peter
  • BricsCAD allows to alter the dimension text via LISP without treating the text as user defined afterwards. So you may just insert spaces between the dimension and the tolerance values, without fearing that you end up with dimensions that do not update anymore (as it was in - at least - older AutoCAD versions that I used).
    The attached script is a tweaked version of something I use to reformat dimension text, and may do what you want: with each invocation, it will add another blank between the dimension text value and any formatted part of the dimension text string (which tolerances happen to be). The reformatting survives until the dimension object is updated.
    (I know the code is ugly - I basically wrote this in the last century...)

stretch_dimtext.lsp

• Just in case someone stumbles over this post in the future:
    My explanations were perhaps a bit complicated, the result of using the script on a dimension object with tolerances is as follows
    (bottom: original dimension, middle: script used once, top: script used twice):
    imagestretch_dimtext.png
This discussion has been closed.