Delete annotative texts for making file much smaller

Hello there,

While I was drawing, I used texts with different annotative scale texts (4 scales total). Now it came to my attention my file became very heavy (Drawing is about 75MB, while this should be around 6). My guess goes to the annotative texts. So I want to delete all the scale texts i don't use. But when i delete the list, reset the scale list, the texts still appear.

Is there a way or a fast way to delete these unused texts (without deleting the used scale text) so my drawing could be less heavy?

Thanks for the help.

Greetings Gino

Comments

• Hi Gino,

You should be able to use the _OBJECTSCALE command to rationalise the scales used by your annotative objects. This command allows you to select multiple objects. Having done this, I would then _PURGE your drawing to get rid of unreferenced objects. Annotative scaling makes use of anonymous blocks to display objects at different scales. Purging should remove any unreferenced objects.

Best regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Hello Jason,

problem solved by doing a selectsimilar and put annotations off. It took a while and a few BricsCAD crashes, but it did the trick. The _OBJECTSCALE command didn't do much difference, it kept the scales even when deleting them all.
    Now the file is instead of 75MB, 5MB. Kind of a big difference.

Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.