Too many Hatch Boundaries!

I am working on some sales plans which have trees in the dwg, (they are blocks) I want to create a hatch but when I do, bricscad v13 tells me there are too many boundaries (Over 10,000) and takes for ever to process or just closes. I am running windows 7 64 bit with 8gb ram and an intel core i5 2400 CPU at 3.1Ghz.
 Someone please help!!!!

Comments

• You can:
    - Zoom in on the hatch boundaries (if the 'Boundary set' is 'Current viewport') or change the 'Boundary set'.
    - Select entities instead of picking points. This is always faster and more accurate.
    - Temporarily freeze layers of entities that are not part of the hatch boundary.
    - Divide the hatch area into a number of separate segments. And hatch these separately.
  • You may also have trees that are overly complex, in terms of the number of lines.  Note that many artistic drawing programs export curves to a DXF or DWG file by creating them as polylines (or even exploded lines) with many straight line segments.  A simple small arc might become 100 lines. That may be at the root of your problem.  Even if you get your hatch to work, the drawing may be sluggish because of the trees.

Sometimes I have needed to trace over an imported object, and created a much simpler versions.

-Joe Dunfee
  •  Thanks for your help guys! Much appreciated!!
This discussion has been closed.