Insert AutoCAD blocks in Bricscad

Dear All,

When insert a block made by AutoCAD into Bricscad v14 I cannot see it at all.

If I use Explode command and select the area where it should be the lineworks comes up.

I tried few times with no luck. The blocks created inside Bricscad are ok.

Any idea how to solve it?

Thank you

Florin Balcu

Comments

• I forgot the problem is for Bricscad on Windows 8 only.

Dear All,

When insert a block made by AutoCAD into Bricscad v14 I cannot see it at all.

If I use Explode command and select the area where it should be the lineworks comes up.

I tried few times with no luck. The blocks created inside Bricscad are ok.

Any idea how to solve it?

Thank you

Florin Balcu

• Could you post a sample block that does not work?  I insert Autocad blocks into Bricscad every daywith no problems.  Without seeing one of your blocks it is hard to guess what may be wrong.
  • Thank you for reply.

Is with any block. The operating system is Windows 8.1 On any other machines is ok

Regards

Florin

• Have you checked it's actually the block you wanted, apart from inserting at a very small scale?

My V14 / XP often picks up the wrong block - not the one selected.

I haven't sent a SR because it's inconsistent.

The other possibility is, they don't insert where you select if ortho is on.

• Two possibilities that would be worth checking, the units of the block and the units of the destination drawing - there might be some scaling going on that is yielding very small blocks.  Also, I would try inserting the blocks into a new drawing - maybe the blocks are being inserted but they have the same name as a block already in the drawing.  

I would also check the state of the block source - open the dwg file for the blocks and run the Audit command to check for and repair any errors.  You might also want to do the same on your destination drawing.
  • Thank you for reply. We did couple of tests with no success. The units are ok in both original and destination drawing. Something is wrong with the insertion of AutoCAD blocks in Bricscad v14 in Windows 8.1

If we create the blocks inside Bricscad they are ok to be inserted in other drawings too. With the AutoCAD is the issues. Please check.

Best regards

Florin Balcu

Two possibilities that would be worth checking, the units of the block and the units of the destination drawing - there might be some scaling going on that is yielding very small blocks.  Also, I would try inserting the blocks into a new drawing - maybe the blocks are being inserted but they have the same name as a block already in the drawing.  

I would also check the state of the block source - open the dwg file for the blocks and run the Audit command to check for and repair any errors.  You might also want to do the same on your destination drawing.
  • Everything is checked but there is no possibility to show the AutoCAD blocks inserted in Bricscad v14 for Windows 8.1

Thank you,

Florin Balcu

Two possibilities that would be worth checking, the units of the block and the units of the destination drawing - there might be some scaling going on that is yielding very small blocks.  Also, I would try inserting the blocks into a new drawing - maybe the blocks are being inserted but they have the same name as a block already in the drawing.  

• Did anyone have this issue please?

Regards

Florin

• Sorry, but such problems are unlikely to get solved in the forums (you would at least have to attach one of the problematic files).
    Better raise a SR, including a file and a proper description of the (graphics) hardware and driver used.
This discussion has been closed.