MText not displaying correctly after last V14 update

Hello,
I have been working with BricsCad 14 since it's initial release and have been quite pleased with it as an AutoCad replacement for my workflow.

After the last update (14.2.06 (x64) revision 33407) I'm having problem with opening / editing existing drawings originally created by me in BCad.
After the patch, I have noticed many of the mtext entities show up stacked on top of one another and are uneditable (do not show up in the mtext dialog wen edited).  The grip locations of the individual text entities are in the proper position but the text is repositioned on top of all the other m-text entities.

I will admit to struggling with the annotative scaling, etc. and am wondering if this could be part of the issue?  At this point this is text anomaly becoming a real problem for me since I need to use / reference / modify many of my existing drawings and have no idea how to "reset" the text position.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.  Sample file attached.

Thank You,
Chris

Comments

• Something is indeed wrong with the anno scales. If I analyse the affected mtext entities I find that they have the same anno scale attached multiple (up to 5) times. It seems that BricsCAD stumbles over this problem.

To resolve this you can do the following:
    1. Preselect all affected mtext entities.
    2. In the Properties Bar set their 'Annotative' property to 'No'.
    3. Set the CANNOSCALE variable to the desired value: 1-1/2" = 1'-0".
    4. If the entities of step 1 are no longer preselected, preselect them again.
    5. Set their 'Annotative' property to 'Yes'.

Another problem now pops up: The wrong width is used to word wrap the mtext entities. I advise you to send in an SR regarding that issue.
  • Thanks for the input Roy.

I followed the steps you outlined and was at least able to get the text in the proper position by leaving annotative set to no.
    This allowed me to not have to change the widths of each entity.  Still not sure if I've done something wrong in the creation of the text or if it's a bug, etc. 
    As I said, all displayed properly prior to the update.  Also, all displays properly in other (free) alternative cad programs.

Not sure what is happening but I'm having other issues with crashing in latest update as well.  I submitted a service request, hopefully it's something easily resolved. 
    Overall I really am happy with BricsCad overall though these things can be frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.