Dynamci Block Question

I understand that it is not possible to create a dynamic block in Bricscad, I would like to create essentially a Dynamic Square Block in Acad, with flip action along the x & y axis.  Does anyone know if it is possible to then VIA entmake a block,  insert the dynamic block adjusting the x & y scales to be a rectangle of the specified size & entmake other entities within this block and have the flipping properties of the original dynamic block block apply to the newly created entities.  All this needs to be accomplished VIA entmake for several reasons.

Any ideas or need for further explanation, just let me know.

Thanks,

Bruce

Comments

• I guess no experience in this area by anyone.  I will be attempting this in the next couple of days, I have been successful at inserting Dynamic Blocks VIA lisp in a predetermined visibility state and able to further select the visibility state in the properties dialog.  (the arrow tools on the dynamic block are not visible in BricsCAD)

The flipped state is also available in the properties dialog for dynamic blocks, its just a matter of whether I can add flippable entities to the blocks VIA the entmake function, we'll see.

Bruce
  • In your original request you explicitly mention 'via entmake'. Are you accomplishing the predetermined visibility state using entmake only? Or are you in fact using visual lisp?
  • Roy,

The visibility state function is VIA VLA functions.  The entmake block function will be to add entities to the dynamic block.

Bruce
  • ... I thought that might be the case.

I believe that using entmake to add 'flip' entities will be almost impossible. But I would love to be proved wrong. If I were you I would create nested block references with flip actions and then fill/change their definitions programatically.
This discussion has been closed.