Crashing when exiting a drawing

I'm having a problem with Bricscad crashing upon exiting a dawing...  When open to multiple drawings, when I exit a drawing, either saving it or close without saving BricsCad crashes.  This doesn't happen all the time but very often (multiple times a day) and is very frustrating.

Also, Something is corrupted when I first start bricscad it cannot not open the initial template file.  The dialog says it cannot open the (template) file.  This began a few days ago... I checked the file path to the templates and the standard .dwt files are in the proper path location.

I have also tried uninstalling / re-installing BricsCad but still have the problems.  It doesn't seem to be a clean install (i.e. bringing me back to the program defaults).

I'm also having problems with annotative Mtext as outlined here.
https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/22688

I had none of these issues prior to the last update.... 
Is there a way for me to do a clean install?  Should I go back to the previous version?

Any one else having these issues?  Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Christopher,

In regards to your template file, I would open up the .dwt file in question, and if it opens, use the AUDIT command to repair any issues.  But it sounds like BricsCAD is unable to open the file, so if it can't open the .dwt file directly, try opening the file using the RECOVER command (instead of OPEN), this will run an audit on the file and then attempt to open it.

You might want to try setting a default profile using the User Profile Manager (click the Create button to make a new profile with the default values) and without making any changes attempt to open some of the drawings that is crashing and see what happens.  This will tell you if there is some value set somewhere in your profile that is causing an issue with certain drawings.
  • Thanks Scott,
    I think I resolved the template file issue.
    I went into my settings and chose one (instead of leaving it blank).  Then I restarted BricsCad and it worked.
    Then I went back and cleared the field in settings and reopened BricsCad and it worked too.

It looks like the template issue is solved but still crashing on exit.  Haven reset the profile yet to see if that helps with the crashing.

Thanks for your input.
  • Resetting the profile seems to have resolved the crashing issue.

Thanks
  • Same thing is happening here.

Resetting the user profile seems to fix it but that isn't a good answer. My environment includes a lot of customization?

imageCrashing on Close(2).jpg
  •  @Christopher Wood: Could you resolve your first problem (multiple files > exit > crash) yet? do you have third-party software?
  • @Florian
    Yes - All has been fine since I reset my profile regarding the crashing. 
    Template file issue is solved as well.  Annotative text is still driving me nuts tough...!
This discussion has been closed.