Snap markers keep disappearing

Is anyone else having a problem with the snap markers (autosnap) resetting itself to 0? I had this issue a few days ago, reset it and this morning it arbitrarily reset itself to 0 again...
just wondering if I am alone on this... 

Comments

• If we are talking about the pickbox for objectsnapping this has been a small problem forever. Propably because you have a lisp that exits bad if you escape.

I have made an Icon with this command ( ^C^C^C_aperture;7;_pickbox;5 ). Whenever its gone I just hit it.

•  I have noticed this too, I am not too sure why Autosnap is being set to 0.  I have the same suite of programs installed with my V13 and V14 but I don't encounter this problem with V14.  I have yet to raise a support request since I can't say exactly what is causing it...
  •  That should be with V13, I do see the problem with V14.
  • Are you running nay 3rd party apps that could be doing this.
  • This (Esnaps suddenly stopps working) has happened to me a couple times over the last several months, and again TODAY.   Very frustrating.    Each time it happened, I tried closing and re-opening the drawing.  I looked for locked layers.   I shutdown and reopened BricsCAD.  I also restarted my machine.    I kept searching for settings that could effect this.  Problem was, I was searching for "Esnaps", not "autosnaps".   It never occurred to me to search for that term.  Finally I found the autosnap settings, which had all been set to "0".   

I've also had issues with the PICKSTYLE variable changing at random.    I didn't even know what PICKSYLE was, so how did it change?    Since I never run any LSP, Script, VBA, or 3rd party apps, I can't imagine what is causing the changes.   

Today I did notice something.   Right around the time the problem occurred, I got a Windows Update notification in the lower corner of my screen.  It asked me if I wanted to delay the update.  I gave it a 4 hour delay.   Yet I got the problem.   So I don't know if the two things are related.   It may be when the new update is downloaded, it changes the Autosnap settings (in the registry?)  

• Forgot to say I run V14.2.17.
  • @ Jim:
    Perhaps you are accidentally hitting the ESNAP toggle in the status bar.
    Or perhaps it is possible to toggle the button 'through' the Windows notification?
  •  The F3 function key also toggles Esnap on/off.
  •  I am on versino 14.2.17, and occasionally have disappearing snap markers.  I have not tied it to any LISP, but haven't really tried to test that idea out.

I have always blamed it on my video system, which seams to be incompatible with 3D mode in BricsCAD. So, I assume there are other issues with compatibility in video system. Existing BricsCAD and restarting it always resolves the problem for me.

-Joe
  • @ Jim:
    Perhaps you are accidentally hitting the ESNAP toggle in the status bar.
    Or perhaps it is possible to toggle the button 'through' the Windows notification?

No Roy.  I use the ESNAP toggle hundreds of times throughout the day to turn ESNAPS on or off.   When this happens there is no ESNAP functionality.  The Windows registry keys for "Autosnaps" all turn off.   First couple times it happened, I was dumbfounded.  I didn't know what to look for.  I kept searching for Esnaps.  I didn't know there were a bunch of settings for "autosnap".
  •  The F3 function key also toggles Esnap on/off.

Hitting F3 does not restore the snaps when this problem occurs.  Only solution I have found is to reset all the "Autosnap" registry settings from the settings dialog.
  •  I am on versino 14.2.17, and occasionally have disappearing snap markers.  I have not tied it to any LISP, but haven't really tried to test that idea out.

I have always blamed it on my video system, which seams to be incompatible with 3D mode in BricsCAD. So, I assume there are other issues with compatibility in video system. Existing BricsCAD and restarting it always resolves the problem for me.

-Joe

I don't have any problems with my video card or 3D modes.    And exiting and restarting BricsCAD doesn't fix the problem.  Nor does restarting Windows.   I've always traced the problem to a change in the "Autosnap" settings.  
This discussion has been closed.