Entity Snap has vanished.

Bricscad 14.1.17 (x64) revision 33197
Greetings all. I have lost entity snap here. I cannot see any snap box when attempting to draw lines or dimension. Entity snap has vanished. The running snap modes are present e.g. endpoint, midpoint, intersection etc. When placing the cursor at any of these points I can see a  very small red blip - nothing else. Meanwhile esnap is selected in the bottom panel as it should. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong here ?

Comments

• Check:
    APBOX
    APERTURE
    SnapMarkerSize
  • Is AUTOSNAP flag 1 set?

• Hmm - no luck with any of these. For comparison Release 13.2.16 is on the same machine. Using the same drawing, entity snaps work normally.
  • Did it work before for you in V14?

If it did, try starting BricsCAD with fresh settings.
    Shut down BricsCAD, rename the file ~/.bricscad/config (for instance to ~/.bricscad/config_backup), then start BricsCAD again.

If it helps, compare the old and new config file with a textual diff tool.
  • Did it work before for you in V14?

If it did, try starting BricsCAD with fresh settings.
    Shut down BricsCAD, rename the file ~/.bricscad/config (for instance to ~/.bricscad/config_backup), then start BricsCAD again.

If it helps, compare the old and new config file with a textual diff tool.

Thanks Tijs. Still testing this but indications are good. Entity Snap is back up and running.
  • Similar issue.

only 1 icon on the tool bar is showing for snaps.  dimensions tool bar is the same way.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!