High CPU usage in Drawing explorer > Page setup

Hi,
I stumbled upon another problem during my Bricscad testing. When I am in Drawing explorer > Page setup section I get very high CPU usage, when I click on one of the dropdown menus in 'Based on' column. The CPU usage spikes, computer becomes very unresponsive (but doesn't freeze) and it's hard to choose one of the page setups in the dropdown menu. I even tried to wait for approximately 2 minutes, if the CPU spiking doesn't stop, but it didn't. I took a screenshot with system monitor so you can see the CPU usage after clicking on 'Based on' dropdown.
I originally thought it has got something to do with the desktop toolkit I am using (MATE desktop - GTK2 toolkit, Fedora 20, 32bit), but other dropdown menus in Drawing explorer don't cause this high CPU usage. My CPU is low-end (Core 2 Duo dual core, 1.6GHz), but I think this shouldn't be happening even on low end hardware. It seems like a bug to me.
Can anyone reproduce this?

Comments

• Yes, I can confirm that Bricscad uses an insane amount of CPU as soon and as long as the dropdown indicator displays. You should file a SR for this.
  • Yes, I can confirm that Bricscad uses an insane amount of CPU as soon and as long as the dropdown indicator displays. You should file a SR for this.

Thanks for the confirmation of the problem. I'll file SR as soon as I have time.
  • I filed a SR and it hs been marked as "solved". So hopefully this bug won't be in next update.
  • This bug has been fixed in V14.2.

Tom
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!