BricsCAD (Mac) forum

Hello Mac enthusiasts,

Welcome to the new BricsCAD forum for Mac specific topics!

Last week a first BricsCAD (Mac) BETA was published.
If you want to have access to the beta of the BricsCAD Mac version, go to https://www.bricsys.com/macbeta

Kind Regards
Tijs Vermeulen

Comments

•  Hi Tijs,

Can you tell me, are there some advantages of BricsCAD on Mac  which BricsCAD for Win does not have?

Thanks

Mustafa
  • >Can you tell me, are there some advantages of BricsCAD on Mac  which BricsCAD for Win does not have?

The operating system it runs on? :)

Normally every BricsCAD feature will be available on all three platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux.
    Since BricsCAD started of as a Windows-only application, it has some Windows-only features, most notably the VBA/COM API.

So far all BricsCAD features that exist on Mac, also exist on Windows.  In time Mac specific features might also be introduced, depending on the response we will receive.

Greetings
    Tijs
  • Hi Tijs,

is it planned to have 3D mouse support in the Mac version like in the windows version?
    In the actual beta 3D mice do not work.

Best
    Uwe 
  • BricsCAD (MAC version) can export in .pdf with Layer selection in PDF file ?
  • >is it planned to have 3D mouse support in the Mac version like in the windows version? 
    Well, it is not exactly planned, but it is likely we will add it in the future, depending on the requests that we receive for it. Your request is hereby noted.
    (sorry for my late answer, apparently I forgot to respond so far)

>BricsCAD (MAC version) can export in .pdf with Layer selection in PDF file ?
    Normally it is possible from the File menu using "Export..." and "Export Options...".
  •  Here's another user who would like to use the 3dconnexion device on mac : ) - just to raise the counter. So happy with Bricscad15 on my mac now but using the 3d mouse would make life easier...
  •  Here's another user who would like to use the 3dconnexion device on mac : ) - just to raise the counter. So happy with Bricscad15 on my mac now but using the 3d mouse would make life easier...

Ok, thanks to let us know!
    The counter has been raised.
  •  Hi,
    I'm hoping for PDF underlay capability and export to TIFF format.
  •  Looking for more mac /brics users?

can be reached at rick@ancoeaglin.com
This discussion has been closed.