Single Line Text Cursor

Hi there,
I have a client that uses single line text. They miss the text cursor as they type.
Is there a way to show the text cursor? They often add space between words and without the cursor they have no idea where their text will appear.
Thank you in advance for your help.
--
Phillip 

Comments

• I wrote my own on-screen editor for single line text in lisp in part because of this.  It uses AutoHotKey to trap characters from the keyboard.  Not perfect or complete, but it does show a cursor and have basic home/end/left arrow/right arrow/delete/backspace control.  I'll be glad to share if you'd like. 

I'm working on a version that will use OpenDCL and that will give more functions, but a heavy work load is making progress slow.  The actual dialog box will be essentially invisible, with WYSIWYG display on the screen of text being edited. 

•  Thank you Martin,
    Your editor sounds like it might be helpful to them. I would appreciate you sharing with me if you don't mind.
    Thank you and have a great weekend.
    --
    Phillip
  • I'll need to pull the applicable code out of my master lsp file and test to make sure everything is working.  I'll try to get that done in the next day or so.
  • Try the attached.  They require AutoHotKey, available at http://www.autohotkey.com/ 

AutoHotKey [AHK] is used as a keyboard hook.  A registry key is set when the editor code is active to causes AHK to trap the editing navigation keys and convert them to text strings.  For example, the left arrow key is sent to the editor as "@L"

c:nts creates a new single TEXT entity.
    c:ntm creates a new multi-line TEXT set.  Each line is a separate entity. 
    There are also functions for justified text, for appending new text below an existing text entity, and for justified text.

"%%" codes are treated as three characters in the editor but the text on the screen has these codes converted.  That means the cursor does not follow these codes optimally. 

At this point the editor does not support ctrl+arrow to highlight a section of text. 

Please let me know if you have any problems with the code. 

I spent much of yesterday working on a version that uses OpenDCL instead of AHK.  I have it working for editing existing text on-screen only, but I'm out of available time and it will be on the shelf for a while.  I can post that code if anyone would like to play with it.

OSE.lspOSE.odcl

•  Hi Martin,
    Thank you for all your help. You have put a lot of effort into a feature that is unfortunately lacking in BricsCAD. I'll check out your works and also put a bug in the developer's ear :)
    Have a great week.
    --
    Phillip
This discussion has been closed.