ACIS import and export no longer supported under V14 without Communicator

Anyone but me notice that Bricsys suddenly removed the ACIS import and export capability from V14 (Platinum)?  Now you have to buy the Communicator program to work with these formats.    ACIS was the only 3D format I could offer users of other CAD packages who could not import 3D DWG's.   I frequently imported models of hardware from places like McMaster Carr.  Now I can no longer do that.  

Comments

• Jim,

I am using Bricscad Platinum 14.2.11 and ACISIN and ACISOUT still work as they always have.  That is what I have always used.  Was there another way you used?

• ACISIN and ACISOUT are still there in the Insert menu and in the command line and they still function as before. I think what got Jim's attention is the appearance of ACIS in the Communicator Only section of the File | Import/Export menu.

The File menu version does offer the additional option of asat (the ASCII flavor) but it does seem rather contradictory.
  • "Acis In" and Acis out" were always included in the file menu by default under V13, and as I recall, in early versions of V14.  When I installed V14.2.11, those commands were missing from the file menu.  I assumed Bricsys incorporated them into "import" and "export", but they are listed under "Communicator Only", and are not accessible, unless you have a license for Communicator.   I freaked out, because I import ACIS models from McMaster Carr almost daily.  

You're right.  When I typed "ACISIN" or "ACISOUT" from the command line, I found that both commands still work.   Thanks for setting me straight.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!