Text printed backwards ?!?!

Has anyone experienced this issue? For some of my users the same file printed with PDF factory or Bluebeam has the result in the image..... Is there any system variable that I can check out?

Comments

• If this problem is only in the PDF, then I can't help you.  But, if it is in the drawing itself, the text was probably mired at some point in the development of the drawing.  There is a variable, MIRRTEXT, that controls how text is  mirrored.  If it is off (I think that is the default) then the position and justification are mirrored, but not the letters themselves.  However, if it is set to ON, then you will see the letters mirrored.

Note that text inside of a block always has its text letters  mirrored, regardless of the MIRRTEXT setting.  But, if you explode that block, the letters will be un-mirrored. if MIRRTEXT is off. 

If you have text like yours that has its letter mirrored, then changing the MIRRTEXT setting will not fix it immediately. Instead you need to have MIRRTEXT on , and then mirror the problem text to fix them.  Then, set MIRRTEXT off and re-mirror them to put them back in the location you want.  I would be surprised though, if there isn't already a lisp routine or some other program to automatically find the problem text and fix them.

-Joe
  • In BicsCAD everything looks perfect. Even if I preview the print, drawings looks OK. Once I get the PDF output, the problem persists as described below. If checked out the MIRRTEXT variable as you said, Joe, and if set to OFF. It doesn't help changing it either. This is really strange.
  •  Sorry, then I have no idea how this happens or what would cause it. It would seem to be a Bluebeam or PDF Factory issue, except that it would be unusual for two separate programs to have the same problem. Also, why would those programs pick those specific pieces of text to mirror, and not others?

Is there anything different between the mirrored and the non-mirrored text, such as font or style?  Are they Mtext or Text?  Is the font a SHX font, or a True Type Font?

-Joe
  •  I would guess that the font that the pdf engine is referencing is corrupted, or maybe the engine that those programs use to create the PDF's is corrupted or has a setting set in in - I would try removing the PDF printers and their supporting applications (like ghostscript) and reinstalling them to see if that fixes your error.  Are you printing using a .pc3 file for the printers or are you using the 'stock' printer configuration?
  •  Just thought that you might want to try changing a setting in your printer settings, not too sure where you will find it, but there should be an option to print text as images, maybe something is out to lunch in that area...  Are you using non system fonts in your drawings?
This discussion has been closed.