Lisp function to Insert image via drag and drop into Bricscad drawing

In AutoCAD when you drag and drop an image into the drawing a lisp function will be triggered named ImageFile.
I can change this routine to my own needs.
How does Bricscad handles drag and drop images into the drawing? Can I change it to my own needs?

Comments

• If you drag and drop an image file the _IMAGEATTACH command is called. Redefining that command should be possible.
  • Scratch that. It is not going to work.
    The command is called as:
    (COMMAND "._IMAGEATTACH" ...)
    Meaning the un-redefined command is always used.

I believe the command should be called as:
    (COMMAND "_IMAGEATTACH" ...)

But somehow there must be a Lisp function at work here... I can't find the file though.
  • AutoCAD defines the ImageFile routine in the acaddoc.lsp or acadxxxxdoc.lsp, which loads with every drawing it loads. 
    So is there a similar doc.lsp used with Bricscad?
  • BricsCAD supports start up Lisp files. The file names are on_doc_load.lsp and on_start.lsp. But these files are not part of the default installation.
  • Is there any way to include IMAGEATTACH in a lisp routine and force it to use the dialog box?
    If I type the command name I always get the dialog box.
    But when I include it in a (COMMAND) function I always get a command line prompt for "Image name: "
    I've tried it with and without prefixes,and with various settings for FILEDIA and CMDDIA.
  • With other commands using the initdia function does the trick, but not with IMAGEATTACH.
    I suggest you use the getfiled function.
  • Oops... Anthony, scratch my suggestion regarding the use of getfiled. This is not just about selecting the file, you want the full 'Attach Raster Image' dialog.
This discussion has been closed.