BricsCAD v15 Wishlist
Has anyone started one of these? If not here are some things I am in need of, it would be even greater to update v14 with these if at all possible. These are not in any real specific order, accept the multi-leader and sheet set issues should be given top priority.
- Fix Multi-leader to Mirror over a vertical correctly and fix Multi-leader to extend landing on right side to end of text, not end of text frame.
- Sheet sets publish with sheet numbers not just sheet title.
- Fix bugs in publish feature, since publish will not PDF correctly all sheets, some end up being 0 KB even after refreshing the folder.
- Fix bugs in sheet set manager. Sheet set gives an error and ask to abort, retry, or ignore but doesn't allow me to exit the sheet set manager.
- Fix dynamic blocks to mirror/flip dynamic block attributes over horizontal correctly without the over offset.
- Add grips to a hatch that has no boundary.
- Add midpoint grips to poly-lines.
- Option to enable a notification icon on status bar that turns a bright color when an external reference has been modified.
- Add auto-hide of windows/menus and add docking to left or right of main window features.
- Lock tool bars or lock workspace feature.
- SETBYLAYER command built in that has option to set all entity defined including blocks within blocks within blocks to bylayer.
- Disable system beep when typing a letter to quickly find layer in entity property layer pull-down menu.
- Allow the ability to select the line first then hit the set current layer button instead of just the other way around.
- Fix scale of hatches to reflect AutoCAD industry standards.
- Fix sheet set so that it does not reset view back to sheet set properties when updating some values such as the Title.
- Fix external reference so that every time you update the path of a reference it doesn't close the window and reopen it...this would allow the update of multiple paths that are known to already work before saving the path...speeds up the ability to change multiple paths.
- Make a reference manger like AutoCAD reference manager to manage multiple sheets at once.
- Add tabs to access open drawings across the top of the screen, e.g. like the tabs in the Chrome Browser which are flush with the top of the screen when maximized.
- Allow the insertion of multiple drawings at once. (why not use the built in Windows opendialog window that allows for more features? e.g. the ability to save favorite folders to the dialog window for quick access to network directories or current projects)
- Add TEMPOVERRIDES command so that shift key ortho can be disabled.
- Lock viewport along with all the other entities that are locked when editing an xref in place that is above a viewport. If not you can accidentally double click into a viewport in current sheet while you are editing an xref in place which is over that viewport in the same current sheet, which is undesirable of course.
- Add a grip to the bottom of mtext box.
This discussion has been closed.