point filters as per AutoCAD

Hi,

Testing this software at the moment in the hope that it does everything that AutoCAD does. One thing that I can't seem to find is point filters. Ie, restraining a line, or moving an object to the x or y value of another selected point.

I'm sure there is an equivalent, as it seems to have everything else! 

Also, if anybody has any experience of importing a .dwg file created with BricsCAD into 3ds MAX I would be interested to hear of any issues. So far, on my limited testing, everything seems fine.

Thanks

Richard

Comments

•  I often use point filters.  However, there are bugs in their implementation.  It seems that sometimes initiating a point filter will ignore a key stroke.  I don't know what the trigger is.

It has been many years since my AutoCAD version 10 training, so I am not aware how AutoCAD implements the command nowadays.  So, I can't compare how the two behave now. 

-Joe
  •  Hi,

In Autocad, the command line option would be .x or .y
    What is the Briscad equivalent as it doesn't accept that input mid command?

Thanks

Richard
  •  Oh, seems to be working as AutoCAD now. Sure it wasn't earlier!

Oh well.

• When the bug manifests itself, it will ignore the first . that you type.  BricsCAD is aware of the bug.

-Joe
  • The problem is related to the DYNMODE setting. If DYNMODE is off the problem does not occur. You can use the 'DYN' button in the status bar to change the DYNMODE.
  •  Hi Richard,
    Did you try the Entity Snap Tracking? For me this works much better than .x and .y I used before. See STRACK in help.
    Michael
  • To learn more about entity snap tracking, watch the tutorial movie 'Drawing Accurately Part2 - Polar Tracking and Entity Snap Tracking' on Bricsys TV.
  •  I watched the tutorial but it doesn't work. I use .x .y filters in autocad a lot not only when drawing but when moving and stretching and the  temporary track points does not work or maybe I don't know to use it. In Bricscad I had to go back to drawing construction lines. 
  •  I watched the tutorial but it doesn't work. I use .x .y filters in autocad a lot not only when drawing but when moving and stretching and the  temporary track points does not work or maybe I don't know to use it. In Bricscad I had to go back to drawing construction lines. 
    Sorry After watching again I discovered my mistake
  • Hi,
    i´m also used to Autocad Point Filters, when constituting in 3D but sometimes also in 2D when I want to make sure that the distance is the same in one direction (.x or.y or.z) to an other object, and i don't know the distance but i want to pick it from an object.
    This helped me!
    "Hit the Shift key to lock a tracking path . Hit the shift key again to unlock. It works as a toggle. A locked tracking line turns red."

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!