layers

Hi, a few little niggling things I am having trouble with

1. Are you able to apply your layers filter to the drop down layers dialogue box?
2. How do I turn off entities highlighting when I hover over them?
3. How do I switch off the tool tip that keeps popping up and getting in the way?

Thanks

Richard

Comments

•  Hey Richard,

Not sure about number 1, you could probably build a function in the CUI but only I wouldn't go there, CUI is a whole world of pain (for me anyway).

2 - Options / Selection / Selection preview display
    Selection effect is Bold or Dashed, or Both.  Unfortunately no option non.  Same as acad in that respect.

3 - Options / Display / 
    There are a few tool tip options under here and it should be one of them

Hopefully they are right
    L.
  •  Dear Richard
    1. Choose Drawing Explorer > Layers in the Tools menu. Check 'Apply layer filter to layer toolbar' in the View menu on the Drawing Explorer - Layers dialog box. 
    2. Set SELECTIONPREVIEW = 0 or 2
    3. Set PROMPTMENU = 0
    Kind regards

•  I forgot to mention that SELECTIONPREVIEW is neglected when the QUAD cursor menu is active. Press the F12 function key to toggle the Quad on/off. You can check the current status of the Quad in the Status bar: Quad field at the utmost right. Clicking the Quad field also toggles the Quad on/off.
  •  Dear Richard
    1. Choose Drawing Explorer > Layers in the Tools menu. Check 'Apply layer filter to layer toolbar' in the View menu on the Drawing Explorer - Layers dialog box. 
    2. Set SELECTIONPREVIEW = 0 or 2
    3. Set PROMPTMENU = 0
    Kind regards

Thanks Louis, I was just wondering where to find the first point.

TOm
  •  
    Easy when you know how!

Great, thanks everyone. I am coming over from 20 years on AutoCAD, and the smallest little differences are throwing me, but I am gradually getting up to speed.

Richard
  •  You're a star Louis!
This discussion has been closed.