Bricscad on crunchbang

Nice day.
I have installed Brycscad on crunchbang but can not find how to execute it.
Could someone advise me?
Thank you.

Comments

• Hello Jose,

A menu launcher is normally added in the "graphics" menu section, but I don't know whether crunchbang uses the expected type of menu.

If you used the deb installer and all dependencies are satisfied, then BricsCAD can be launched by entering "bricscad" on the commandline.
    /usr/bin/bricscad is a symbolic link to /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v14/bricscad.sh

But mind that the deb installer was created to work on Ubuntu.
    So some library dependencies that are present by default on Ubuntu can be missing.

To check whether all library dependencies are satisfied you can use ldd at the install location:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd -r ./bricscad

Running BricsCAD requires setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the directory of the executable, so it is also needed to check its dependencies with ldd.
  •  Thanks for the reply.
    I have installed Ubuntu and then BricsCAD, but at the moment of executing the BricsCAD says trial license it already expired, I do not understand why?
  • Did you run BricsCAD V14 on the same machine before?
    The trial license check includes hardware info, so using an entire new installation on the same system will not bring a new trial period.

Please enter a support request to ask for a trial license prolongation.
  • I run it on the same PC with Windows.

Thanks.... 
  • Hi Tijs,
    I have read your answer and I think that can help me with my problem but I don't know how to used it.
    I have installed the V14 on Debian Wheezy KDE. That was a successfully installation but I can't open the program.... What is the problem? what can I do to solve it?
    Thanks
    Jair

Hello Jose,

A menu launcher is normally added in the "graphics" menu section, but I don't know whether crunchbang uses the expected type of menu.

If you used the deb installer and all dependencies are satisfied, then BricsCAD can be launched by entering "bricscad" on the commandline.
    /usr/bin/bricscad is a symbolic link to /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v14/bricscad.sh

But mind that the deb installer was created to work on Ubuntu.
    So some library dependencies that are present by default on Ubuntu can be missing.

To check whether all library dependencies are satisfied you can use ldd at the install location:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd -r ./bricscad

Running BricsCAD requires setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the directory of the executable, so it is also needed to check its dependencies with ldd.
  • Hello Jair

>I have read your answer and I think that can help me with my problem but I don't know how to used it.
    I just answered your post Install BricsCAd V14 in Debian Wheezy.
    My answer is rather similar to the answer I gave here.
    If it is not clear, please enter a support request to get further help.

Regards
    Tijs
This discussion has been closed.