Backgroun

Hello,

I have a problem with Bricscad V14, and that while the trial was only the background and paper space color as I was him I set (for me Black and white) But after activation, I can not change the background and paper space color both are gray. I can enter any color does not respond.

I use Debian Jessie, GPU NVidia GTX 560 drivers is last from Nvidia's website (I have tried different but did not help)

And even if I run Bricscad from terminal writes me these errors

(bricscad:7546): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion 'GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

(bricscad:7546): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion 'GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

(bricscad:7546): Gdk-CRITICAL **: _gdk_pixmap_new: assertion '(width != 0) && (height != 0)' failed

(bricscad:7546): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new: assertion 'width > 0' failed

Bricscad V13 run normaly background and paper space is black and white and responds to changes color

Comments

• Hello,

New information, this problem occurs only when activated Bricscad,  when I deactivated on my PC and I used it in Virtual Bricscad so while he was in trial mode so everything works as it should and to activate my license key so the background can not be changed.
    Video card does not have to be toxic because I tried it on a laptop with intel graphics card.

• Hi,

Another new information, apparently to blame it is about window manager, I use only Fluxbox, but the virtuals I installed Debian testing with XFCE and there it works completely without problems.

So I need to find out what libraries I miss.
    Does any idea what it might be missing?
  • Hi Robert,
    I am using V14 on Debian Jessie and I am not having any problems changing the background color. I use Openbox, which is similar to Fluxbox.
    I sometimes see GDK errors like you stated, but these have never caused a serious problem. I doubt the GDK errors are the cause of your problem.
    If you think you are missing some libraries, try this:
    [code]cd /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v14
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd -r ./bricscad
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd -r ./bricscad | grep "not found"[/code]
    The above commands were taken from https://www.bricsys.com/common/knowledge/topic.jsp?id=305 .
    I suspect that your problem has something to do with profiles. If it works in trial mode, but not when activated, then it may have to do with your user profile. You can read about profiles in the BricsCAD User Guide under "Customizing BricsCAD". Maybe try creating a new profile?
  • Hi,
    I found that the problem is just in fluxbox when I installed openbox so it works correctly, the mate and  xfce it works correctly too.
This discussion has been closed.