Freezes when hatch selected

Hi, not sure if this is the place to post this. I have a hatch pattern in my drawing that I want to erase but whenever I select it, the program crashes (freezes) and I end up having to reboot.  Right now I am just working around it by freezing the layer that the hatch is on.  It is not a dense hatch, so I don't understand what the problem is... I just installed v14, running Windows 7, no add-on programs.  Thanks if you can help.

Comments

• You could try selecting E(rase) before selecting the object, if you haven't already.
  • Hi John,

have you tried doing an _AUDIT or _RECOVER on the drawing?

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts
  • Hi John and Jason,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I tried John's suggestion of entering Erase before selecting the object, and THAT WORKED!  I had tried running Audit and it fixed some errors but that didn't affect the problem.  Not sure about recover.  Anyway, it is still a mystery why this hatch area would cause everything to freeze when selected, but thank you for the work-around. 
  • It has been noted in this forum, that any editing/selection operation can lag when a large number of entities are preselected but it doesn't seem to happen when the command is issued first.

Hatches can represent a large number of entities.

I have not struck the issue lately, maybe it was fixed or maybe the situation has not occurred for me.

This discussion has been closed.