Mtext Problem

I'm running Bricscad 13.

When I double click on text and the Mtext editor pops up, the edits are not reflected in the text box.  The cursor does not show in the text box and movement of it using the arrow keys does not show.  If I edit the text, the changes do not show (no new text is added), but, when I click OK, the changes have been made to the text on the drawing.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks, Dik

Comments

• A possible cause is the mtext width became 0. It can be made non-zero in the properties box, then dragged to the right width.

It just seems to happen occasionally and the edit box doesn't behave predictably.

The end grip point being attracted to the start grip point during selection can cause it.

• Thanks very much... text width wasn't 0, but I tried stretching one of the grips and all is working OK.

Again thanks, Dik
  •  I am having the exact same problem. When I edit multiline text the text I want to edit won't highlight using the cursor and the new text doesn't show, but when I click OK the text has been edited. 
  • My problem was solved by stretching one of the mtext grips and for some reason, it fixed it.  It was an extension of the fix suggested by John.

Dik
This discussion has been closed.