I lost my properties bar...?

It seems like I have a new issue almost daily lately with BricsCad.
Today I have no access to the propertied bar / dialog.  It doesn't seem like it's "lost"on a phantom screen. When I try to access it I get nothing.  Just... Poof... gone...  I tried changing profiles, still, nothing.   This is really affecting my workflow and I have a deadline today...  Arrg...

Any quick help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• My first step would be to use regedit.exe.  Go to    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bricsys\Bricscad\V14x64\en_US\Profiles\Martin V14 x64\Toolbars    and find the PROPERTIES entry.  On my system the default value is    hide floating 0 82 240 500   .  I would try changing the value to    show floating 0 82 240 500   .
  • My first step would be to use regedit.exe.  Go to    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bricsys\Bricscad\V14x64\en_US\Profiles\Martin V14 x64\Toolbars    and find the PROPERTIES entry.  On my system the default value is    hide floating 0 82 240 500   .  I would try changing the value to    show floating 0 82 240 500   .

THANK YOU!!!!!  That fixed it....
    Moving forward (after my deadline) Just wondering what else may be messed up since it was a registry issue?  Should Ire-install BricsCad or redo my OS?

Thanks Again
    Chris
  • Should I re-install BricsCad or redo my OS?

I hope that's not a serious question. The answer is no. The location of the properties panel is stored in the BricsCAD profile(not windows profile), so switching to a new profile (with the BricsCAD userprofilemanager utility or by starting BricsCad with commandline argument /p newprofilename)should in fact always fix that.

We know of instances where the properties panel was lost when switching between single and dual screen. After switching back to single screen the properties panel was still drawn on the second screen which made it unaccessible. These cases ought to have been fixed in V14 however.

•  On a more recent thread about a similar problem, I received an elegant solution from Roy Klein Gebbinck.  In my case, the standard answers did not solve my problem. But, Roy's LISP routine was a very simple to use solution, that did not involve the registry at all.

I imagine he will eventually put it on his personal web page, http://www.b-k-g.nl/freeware.html

But, here is the thread where he provided his LISP solution to this problem.  Go to message #12.

-Joe
This discussion has been closed.