Generated Views - Derrive Additional Views Afterwards

Just wondering if it is possible, after a user has created a generated view using the VIEWBASE command if you can click on a view and then generate another view.  Let's say I have placed a front, plan and left view, but require the right view a few days later, I would like to click on the plan view (after running a command) and drag to the right and have the software generate a view for me.  At the moment this can be done with the section tool, but this has a couple limitations - like no hidden lines, or by starting from scratch with the viewbase command which can be time consuming to run on a model with a lot of geometry.

Comments

• Not in exactly the way you describe but one may relaunch the VIEWBASE command from model space and then, once in the layer tab and at the "Select position for base view" prompt, choose "Orientation" to be able to place one of the six cardinal views. That view also becomes a new base from which additional views can be "pulled" but, of course, that's not required if only the one new view is desired.
  •  Yes, I re-launch the VIEWBASE tool all the time.  But sometimes the tool selects a different scale for the additional views.  A bigger problem is the creation of cross sections.  I want a zoomed cross sectional view of a small portion of my model.  The tool only provides cross sections across the full width of the part.    I've reverted to placing 2D views in model space where I have better control over dimensioning.  An I can zoom with a viewport.   
This discussion has been closed.