BricsCAD is stable but unfriendly, especially the Options command...

I would like to thank you for your willingness to support me even though I am just trying out the evaluation copy of the BricsCAD.
However after trying for several days, I found that it is not as friendly as other CAD softwares. I have tried a few other CAD softwares before. Some are friendly but not stable. BricsCAD is stable but unfriendly, especially the Options command. If only this can be altered to make it friendly and easy to use. The Options command in the ZWCad (our Company is using this software) is very friendly and very easy to understand. Another problem that I am facing is shown in the attached exe file. When I tried to delete the inner rectangle (green) the hatch was altered to cover the whole rectangle. Please shed some light on this matter.
Thank you very much.

Comments

• Thanks for trying out BricsCAD!
    Please note that this is the BricsCAD user forum, for user-to-user communication.
    From your message I seem to understand that your intention is to get a reply from the Bricscad support department:
    if so, please file a support request instead, our support analysts will be glad to answer your questions.

•  You can find the settings for the selection area fill colours in the SETTINGS dialog (OPTIONS command, Settings command, or Settings menu > Settings...)

Under Program options > Selection > Selection Area

If you find that the selection preview is something that you would like to tweak, it's settings can be found just below the selection area tree at Program options > Selection > Selection preview.

It took me a while to find my way around the options dialog, but the nice thing about it is that everything is listed in that dialog, all of the settings for the current drawing, for the current dimension style and the settings for the program as a whole.  There was a video about the settings dialog somewhere which does provide a lot of insight into it's operation but I am unsure of its location at the moment, if I come across it, I will link it to this thread.
  • @Scott

This video on Bricsys TV perhaps?
    Settings is better than options and here's why

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts
  •  Yup, that's the one!  Thanks Jason, wasn't sure where I had seen that video...
This discussion has been closed.