V15

2»

Comments

• @Bill Mays:Maybe I'm tired but its not obvious to me where the new materials library will be found?

For some reason it hasn't been added to any menu. Well as far as I can tell anyway.

You can open/close the material browser using the following commands:
    _MATBROWSEROPEN
    _MATBROWSERCLOSE

Or by right clicking in the toolbar area, and selecting it from the pop-up menu.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts 

imagemnu_MaterialBrowser.png
  • @Joe Dunfee, why aren't you using copy/paste of excel sheets to BricsCAD as native dwg table entities? Are you encountering formatting problems?

I have problems embedding a spreadsheet.  Only part of the spreadsheet shows. About half is chopped off. The text quality is very good.  But, the text is rendered as a bit-mapped image.  So, when I export a PDF, the raster image makes the PDF file unacceptably large.

-Joe
  • Joe,
    going by your description I assume you did a normal paste, not a paste special as 'XML spreadsheet' which should produce a dwg table entity.
  • Thank you for replying, but I just tried pasting the XML Spreadsheet option. The entire spreadsheet came in, but it was WAY too large. Then when I scaled it down to fit the page, much of the text did not scale down, so that those cells were too small to contain the text. The results are useless.

I have not figured out what controls the size of the spreadsheet when it comes in.  If I can, I might be able to use this technique because the text is saved in the PDF as Text, so the letters look great and the file size is reasonable.

I have attached a test drawing and the spreadsheet, if you care to investigate.

-Joe

Paste Spreadsheet Problem.dwgPaste Spreadsheet Problem.xlsx

•  I just realized that this thread is for V15, and I am on V14.  I had wanted to check out if V15 really has these things working now. This sort of feature is why I paid fo for the upgrade to V14, but I was quite disappointed to learn of these problems.

I am curious if this v14 problem pasting the spreadsheet or embedding PDF's is for all the installations, or just on some installations? Does V15 REALLY solve these problems?

-Joe
  • A fast way to resize the table and all its text content is to paste it somewhere in model space instead of directly in paper space, and then in paper space create a viewport through which you see the the table at the desired scale.
  • I concur with Hans' recommendation.
    You may also want to check out the excellent BKG_tabledata tool with it's simple copy / paste functionality.
    (Note: You may have to clean up your spreadsheet's Header, title Rows so it imports correctly.)

This discussion has been closed.