uninstall bricscad from ubuntu 10.04

Hi, I installed Bricscad v14 on Ubuntu 10.04 only to find out it doesn't work, it doesn't even open when I click on it. According to Bricscad Ubuntu 10.04 is no longer supported.

However, I want to uninstall it and it doesn't even show in the software center to remove it.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Comments

•  I think nothing was installed in the first place.  The installer dependencies cannot be satisfied on 10.04, the c runtime is too old.
    The installation location is /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v14.  Probably it does not exist.

Our policy is to build BricsCAD on the oldest Ubuntu that is still supported for the desktop, which is 12.04 LTS.
  • Hi, thank you Tijs, sadly I read about your policy after trying to install ;P he he, I will check if the location exists.

I will probably upgrade to 12.04 now that there seems to be a stable linuxcnc controller for it too and try again.

Thanks for this great product.

Have a nice day.
  • Hi, just wanted to let you know that I checked this and the folders does exist, however, if I click on the exe file it doesn't start.

For some reason, Bricscad now appears in the Ubuntu Software centre so I was able to uninstall it from there, looking forward to update to 12.04 to have Briscad working.

Have a nice day

Alfredo

This discussion has been closed.