Ptmanager/ Lisp/ dcl

Hi there,

i´m using bricscad v14 for windows and i would like to use a lisp-application witch was made for AutoCAD (Ptmanager by Lee Mac; it is an free application for exchange geometric data between CAD and txt/csv files and it inciudes also a .dcl file to work with menus)

I uploaded (APPLOAD) the file into BricsCAD but it does n´t work.

Chargement D:\S.Muecke\PtManagerV2-4-X.lsp
: (LOAD "D:/S.Muecke/PtManagerV2-4-X.lsp")
:: Point Manager | Version 2.4 | © Lee Mac 2009 www.lee-mac.com ::
:: Type "PtM" to Invoke ::
: PTM

** Dialog File could not be Written **

I have no experience in writing applications at all but i´m willing to learn. Maybe someone here could give me good advice.
Thanks,
Sebastian

Comments

• The Lisp program tries to get path information from the file ACAD.PAT. BricsCAD uses different names for its hatch pattern files namely iso.pat and default.pat.
    I'm not sure how the program should work but if you change line 244 the .dcl file is created and the dialog is displayed.

New code for line 244:
    [code](if (setq wPath (findfile "default.pat"))[/code]
  • Hello Roy,

thank you very much for your help. The menu works now but the functions seem not to do so :-( 
    I guess i should take some extra lessons in the subjects lisp and dcl.

Just to let you know the application was made to import and export coordinates (X, Y, Z) between AutoCAD and txt/csv -files. This is could be very helpful as you have your coordinates in an excel-file and you want to work with them as points in a CAD-program.

• The program works OK as far as I can tell. I am able to import points from a csv file into a drawing (as blocks or points).

It is important to realize that the lists used for 'Input Type' and 'Output Type' are linked. This makes sense programmatically but can be confusing. To be able to choose the 'File' option for 'Input Type' you may have to change the 'Output Type' first, and vice versa.
  • BTW, there is a second reference to "ACAD.PAT" in the Lisp file. If you change that to "default.pat" as well the help button will work.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!