Bricscad Icon

I'd like to change the Bricscad Icon.
The icon is same colour as Bluebeam which I can change colour to Red but that clashes with other applications I have and doesn't make quick identification of files etc. easily.
I tried changing the B'cad icon but it doesn't appear to use the icon in the C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V14 en_US folder.

Is this hard wired into the program.

Thanks

Comments

• if you create a shortcut to the application you can easily change the shortcut icon.

Sorry for the short reply .... on my phone
  • Thanks Donald. Unless i'm mistaken that only changes the shotcut icon. Not the one tha globally appears on anything associated with Bricscad.
    The dwg files and the program icon on the Task bar etc.
    It's that side I want to change.

For egs.
    On the task bar alone I have 4 Blue Icons.
  • Which icons are used for files is determined by the Windows registry.
    The default icons that BricsCAD uses are stored in the executable.

If you want to see different icons you will have to edit the registry.
    But make sure you know what you are doing...
  • ... Oops, my previous post is not the answer you are looking for. It does not change the task bar icons.
  • Thanks for replies.
    Chris that looked a bit complicated from my liking and as Roy said - tread carefully!

I actually got it to work in a fashion - partially ie.

I Right click on the Bricscad Shortcut on the Start Menu and just follow the usual way through Right Click/ Properties and chose icon.
    It didn't change the shortcut icon - might when I reboot?, but it did on task bar but not in the Explorer windows which is where I'd like it to.

image2014-11-08_16-47-54(2).jpg
This discussion has been closed.