Bricscad 15 trial downloaded from the site does not opend drawings

Yeah, it doesn't, the dwg file was just saved in Brv13 on Parralels and it crashes. Sure I can open the app but no drawing can be loaded.

Comments

•  Maybe the drawing is corrupted, have you tried using the Recover command to open the drawing?
  • Please enter a support request with a backtrace and a sample file.
    Since BricsCAD crashes, a crash report dialog should appear, which contains a backtrace.

Kind Regards
    Tijs
  •  Hi, 
    actually I've tried everything: 
    I reinstalled the app, checked disk and run the cleaning procedure, 
    I contacted with out dealer, they could open the files, my files were not corrupted as they were being used by other Bricscad users (PC Windows 7 and 8) instantly in my office and during all this time I've been able to open them in Bricscad - Parralels and W8.1.
    I could open a simple drawing obtained from my dealer but I could not fire up the sample design file - Bricscad did not crushed this time but file appeared to be empty so again I loaded the file via Parralels and there was drawing.

It seems I have a kind of problem in my MacBook but it is very strange...

Best
    Piotr
  •  Ok, this is example of the dwg file and crush report.
    Best
    Piotr

bc-crush-2013.rtfE1B1-rzuty-parter.dwg

• The files you attached have zero filesize.  We tested attaching files on our side. It turns out that attaching files to our website is currently not possible with Safari.  I assume you indeed do use Safari?

Yesterday a crash on open was reported by another user in a support request.  By chance, the top of the backtrace, does it look like this?:

0 libfreetype.dylib 0x000000010aea646e FT_Get_CMap_Format + 30
    1 libfreetype.dylib 0x000000010aea63b9 FT_Set_Charmap + 89

If the top of your backtrace looks the same, we have already fixed the problem by now and will publish a corrected version asap.
    If it is not the same, then please enter a support request and attach those files again with another browser, for instance Chrome.
    (mind that this is a forum post, not a support request)

Regards
    Tijs
  • Hi,
    I don't know if this' the same but very similar :)
    Let's try via Mozilla then.

Cheers
    Piotr

bc-crush-2013-kopia.docE1B1-rzuty-parter.dwg

• Hi,
    I've just downloaded the 15.1.09.1 version, reinstalled and it still was crushing.

Regards
    Piotr

crush-2014-11-20(2).pdfcrush-2014-11-20.pdf

• Thanks for the new upload, I can see it is indeed the same problem.

>I've just downloaded the 15.1.09.1 version, reinstalled and it still was crushing. 
    The online version does not yet contain the fix.
    We are trying to add another fix before publishing a new version.
  •  Great! So I'd be drawing under Parralels to feed family in the meantime:)

Regards
    Piotr
  • Houston! Still we've got a problem.
    Indeed I could open the file! But it could not show text with attributes, when I tried to edit the app crushed. And what else, even earlier: I could not set the aperture box on at cursor and the hoover highlighting off so whatever I check in options theres no aperture box nor found snap tips and yes whereever I hoover the cursor the content is being highlighted underneath.
    So please find attachet another crush report and screen image.

Regards
    Piotr

crush-2014-11-20-after-fix.pdf

imagecr-02-attr.png
This discussion has been closed.