Profile Sweep

I'm evaluating basic functions and recognize how simple this should be, but I'm finding it difficult to sweep 1D lines in order to create a curved surface to later be extruded into a solid.  Additionally, I've used the donut feature to create a hemispherical surface.  However, I want to revolve that shape into a 3D hemisphere, but the object is deleted upon execution of the REVOLVE command.  

I'm sure these are easy problems to solve, but I'm finding it just a little difficult to bridge the gap from other CAD software.

Thanks!

Comments

• DELOBJ system variable controls whether source entities are deleted (or not) after 3D (Acis) operations.
  • I'm not quite sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

•  Additionally, it's not just the original surface that is deleted, it is the entire object - hemisphere and all...  Everything just disappears.
  •  I figured out my issue.  I needed to create a REGION.  Wasn't used to doing this before.  But, now I have created my simple part, and the rest of the operations are going smoothly!  
  • DELOBJ is a so-called "system variable" - a settings-like variable which controls the BricsCAD behaviour.
    Simply enter DELOBJ at the prompt, it allows to enter the value (0,1,...).

Or you can open SETTINGS dialog, enter DELOBJ in search field - it will jump to that setting :
    the info field then shows additional details + help.
    Many greetings !
This discussion has been closed.